Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Truthful Tuesday: Chafing

Chafe: To cause irritation of the skin by friction

There is no area in the world with more friction than the area in between my thighs. I think normal sized people really take for granted the ability to walk without having a brush fire in between their legs. I was very aware of this recently when I went to NYC with my fam and by the end of the day I thought I could possibly lose a thigh. After 6 hours of traipsing around the streets in Greenwich Village and China Town, my thighs were so sore, burning and puffy that the thought of walking one more step was killing me. After a day like this I have to put neosporin on my thighs and wear leggings for a few days to make sure my thighs never touch again!

Walking is something people should not take for granted! Obviously I can still walk, but the chafing is not a huge motivator to move! I look forward to the day when I can sightsee and not be hindered by my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment