Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Truthful Tuesday

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made."

-Carol Zambrana (My Zumba instructor in VA)
This is what I want for my life. I want working out to be as normal as brushing my teeth, getting dressed, and going to work. I don't want to think about it, I just want to expect it to be a part of my everyday. I have always been envious of people who have accomplished this. People who have regular activity in their life always seem happier than people with a more sedentary lifestyle. I have to be honest, exercise has never been naturally a part of my regular day. Even when I say I am working out daily, I am struggling to workout daily. There is rarely a day where I dont try to convince myself to get out of a workout. Exercise takes serious effort to be a part of my daily schedule. I want to get to the point in my life where I look forward to working out. Where I recognize how crappy I feel when I dont work out, and that motivates me enough to go to the gym. I look forward to a day where I will pick going for a walk over the couch. I'll get there someday!

1 comment:

  1. i like that quote a lot. my ww leader said to do at least 10 min of exercise a day. i thought...that's nothing. then i look back at the last week and haven't done 10 mins even once. it's hard - i agree it has to be a routine and not a planned thing.

    ReplyDelete