Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Truthful Tuesday

About two months ago I started dating this guy who was a friend of a friend. About a week ago, I broke it off with him and I have been thinking a lot about how I react to relationships. I hesitate in relationships and I always find something I don't like about the person. I think all of this stems from the fact that I am not happy with myself. Everyone always says you cant be happy with someone else until youre happy with yourself....this is soooo true! I don't think I can truely give myself to someone until I am comfortable and happy in my own body. I know you dont have to be thin for someone to love you, but it isn't AS easy to find someone. Lets be honest - guys are very visual and they dont want to see a fat body full of rolls and cellulite. At this weight I find guys that like me, but I feel like I'm settling and they aren't actually the guys I go for. This is bad that apparently I like superficial guys, but it is what it is and I'm not dating till I am comfortable because it is not fair to the guy.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if that's really accurate, that you're into superficial guys. I totally get what you mean though. I sometimes think THEY must be settling for ME & therefore I'm settling for them too. If we can't accept that they like us for us, then it's tough to just plain accept them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hey z! i mean i love you alzie.

    ReplyDelete