Friday, April 22, 2011

Fashion Friday

So I have been seeing a lot of people wearing the Five Finger shoes lately.  Yesterday I was waiting to get a massage and the guy in the waiting room was wearing them, which sparked a conversation.  I asked him if he liked them and he went on and on about how they have helped him with his running.  I guess his knees and ankles were hurting really bad so he stopped running.  He said once he started wearing these shoes, he was able to run without pain.  I read a lot of reviews - positive and negative, but a lot of people said they helped their knees.  So I bought a pair - I'm hoping they will help me get over the pain of running.  I have tried to do the Couch to 5k program about 4 billion times and I always fail.  The pain is too much and the program moves too fast for someone my size.  I have decided to start again.  I will run on the treadmill, 3x a week, with the shoes on.  Instead of doing the couch to 5k program in 9 weeks like it is made, I am going to do it in 9 months.  Instead of taking a week for each section, I am going to do it for a month.  I am in no hurry to run and I don't want to hurt myself, so I am way less pressured by this plan! 


1 comment:

  1. Pace yourself. I run seriously slow, but I still run. You know? When I c25k I did the distances rather than times b/c I run so slow I didn't go very far. haha

    ReplyDelete